Employment Opportunities at Emailmovers
Talk To Us!
Who we are
You might not have heard of Emailmovers, we are the best kept secret in our industry.
We were established 2004 and are now the leading company nationally in providing full service email marketing.
We are based in Scarborough, yet work with some amazing national and global brands such as Microsoft, Virgin Media, John Lewis, IBM, Nike, Jaguar and Game.
We employ 25 people and are planning to keep growing as we continue to push boundaries in the products and services we develop and offer.
We have an enthusiastic team at Emailmovers who are all passionate about giving our clients a professional service from start to finish. We’re always on the lookout for talented, motivated people to join our team in areas such as Sales, Fulfilment, Marketing, Technical & Finance.
Database Developer / Data Processor
Location: Scarborough, YO11 1AA
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Remote working
An experienced Database Developer / Data Processor with 5-10 years of experience coupled with knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server, T-SQL, and SQL-Server Integration Services is needed to join our team at Emailmovers based in Scarborough on a full-time basis. This is a fully remote, work-from-home role.
Over the past 20 years, Emailmovers has been at the heart of the UK email marketing industry, supplying some of the largest data companies in the World, as well as helping over 5000 direct clients to profit from email marketing and email data.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career with a well-established company!
About the Role:
You will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance and operation of the company's master databases and data processing systems using Microsoft SQL Server and other Microsoft and Open-source technologies.
You will also assist the Operations Team in the fulfilment of data processing requirements, including ETL and data manipulation. Assist the Senior Management Team in the maintenance and operation of other systems within the company. Advise the Management team on related data, technology and compliance matters.
- The development and implementation of the company's software, database and data development, processing and maintenance strategies
- The design, development, maintenance, and operation of software and database systems used to process data and the surrounding ecosystems
- Oversee the development of new software and database systems, ensuring that they are designed to meet business requirements and standards
- Ensure the timely delivery and maintenance of high-quality software, database and data processing systems
- Play an active role in the research, development, implementation, and operation of emerging software, database and data processing technologies, including Artificial Intelligence, in the company's systems and processes, and recommend solutions to meet changing business needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration of software, database and data processing systems into the overall business architecture
Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems related to the software, databases, data processing and other technical systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve technical issues that may impact the business
- Advise on, and implement, data protection compliance decisions, systems and processes
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or Higher National qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar field
- At least 5-10 years of experience in software and database development, systems and business analysis, support and problem resolution, and data processing
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server, T-SQL, and SQL-Server Integration Services is considered essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft ASP.NET, IIS, Powershell and other technologies would be an asset
- Strong technical knowledge of software and database development processes and technologies
- Good project management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Knowledge of data maintenance, database administration, data analytics and technical support best practices
- An understanding of data protection laws and regulations, as well as experience in information security and privacy, would be an asset
- Company Commission with OTE of £45,000
- Fully remote working
- Birthday day off each year
Sounds interesting? Send your CV for immediate consideration to email@example.com